A message from the principal, Dr Martin Stephen
With over 40 years education experience, it is my real pleasure to welcome you to The National Mathematics and Science College: An international 6th form offering an exceptionally unique education package for aspiring young scientists from all over the world seeking to attain A and A* grades in science and maths A levels.
As former head of league-topping schools for 24 years, including High Master of St Paul’s School (London) and The Manchester Grammar School, I believe that there are 5 fundamental reasons which make NMSC a unique World-Class institution.
- NMSC aims to achieve the highest level of A level success in Science Education. As a pathway provider to World-Class universities – Cambridge, Oxford, Ivy League, Russell Group- NMSC equips and nurtures its young students for a smooth and successful transition to university at the very highest level.
- NMSC has established a network of links with World-Class universities in the UK and North America, links which include colleagues from universities teaching our students and also strong relationships with admissions tutors and academic departments.
- NMSC provides a personalised programme of English language development for each student. A programme designed by specialists and taught by specialists to enable all our students to achieve and indeed exceed the level of English proficiency essential for success at degree level.
- NMSC believes that strong pastoral welfare is at the heart of a successful educational experience. We regard the care and welfare of each student, including the development of the whole young person, as our fundamental responsibility. We are proud of the partnerships we have forged in offering this very high-end co-curricular programme and would like to thank The Belgrade Theatre and The Birmingham City Symphony Orchestra for all their support in making this possible.
- NMSC offers a full immersion in British culture and language to our international students.